Perełki Turystyczne
E. Lasker Trail
We recommend
Museum Print E-mail

From Lake Promenade, the road next to the church goes to Regional Museum. Here ends the walk on the traces of Emanuel Lasker. He himself everyday walked here on his way to school. In the Museum there was printing and publishing house. Since 1867 for 77 years there was printed “The General Courier For Berlinchen , Bernstein And Country”.


The spacious rooms include expositions from archeology and ethnography to modern times and famous people. The first room is devoted to Emanuel Lasker- the greatest son of Barlinek. Among many objects you can see his birth certificate. This document has been revealed in printed in Barlinek monograph of Chess King, finishing the arguments and long lasted silence about his place of birth.

Kazimierz Hoffmann

The curator of Barlinek’s Regional Museum invites everyone to visit its branch – the Dziedzice Museum.

On 11 November, 2005, the opening ceremony of the Museum Branch was held. The ceremony was attended by the town and commune authorities, village leaders, war veterans, representatives of various professions, and Dziedzice residents. The ceremony was hosted by the Society for Dziedzice, represented by: Grażyna Oleszkiewicz (chairperson), Jan Miduch and Dziedzice village leader Rafał Mazur; and co-hosted by Brygida Liśkiewicz (Barlinek Community Centre director) and Halina Olkiewicz-Fijałkowska (Regional Museum curator).
The Museum Branch is located on the first floor of a former school and occupies over 200 square metres. In three classrooms, there are three thematic displays:

1. The life of Polish prisoners of war camp Woldenberg, 1940-1945.
This exhibition comprises mementos of surviving prisoners of Oflag 2c, illustrating their social and cultural life in imprisonment. Significant exhibits include documents connected with the lives of: Tadeusz Starzec, after whom the school is named; Stefan Flukowski, poet, writer, playwright; Kazimierz Rudzki, theatre actor; and others.

2. The Classroom – school keepsakes.
This exhibition is a collection of teaching aids, school equipment, maps, timetable cards, school registers, first textbooks – e.g. Falski’s primer. These items mostly come from the closed down school in Dziedzice. We look forward to more items from our visitors! The sight of many exhibits provokes memories of one’s early school years… A teacher’s lectern, a manual bell, an old desk with an inkwell stand, a “cleanness corner” – a stand  with a jug and basin, the national emblem with portraits of Piłsudski and Mościcki, moveable alphabet, “Model Student” recognition badges and many others, take visitors on a sentimental journey back to their childhood.

3. The Countryside – farming equipment and domestic appliances.
This exhibition illustrates the atmosphere of the Polish countryside. Therefore, it includes charts showing national costumes, craftsmanship in furniture making, house construction, homestead animation, arable fields; there is also, among other things, an old hand operated winnower and a trunk. The exhibits are informative and they provoke feelings and emotions. The display devoted to war camp prisoners for instance, thrills visitors with its installation of barbed wire, a young birch and a grave of an unknown soldier. In a village classroom, there are pupils’ notebooks, chestnuts, acorns. In this exhibition, the countryside brings to mind an exhausted farmer.

It is all truly worth seeing.
Prospective visitors to the Museum Branch are requested to contact the Regional Museum in Barlinek, at phone number (48)(95) 7461889.

Regional Museum curator
Halina Olkiewicz - Fijałkowska

  • Polish
  • German
  • English
Lokalne baśnie
Town Transport
Tarzan Park
Mistrzostwa Polski